Valid from April 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to www.oudebierhuys.nl owned and operated by Logement ‘t Oude Bierhuys. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use information that you provide on our website (www.oudebierhuys.nl). It also describes choices you have regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this information.
The categories of personal data we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, card holder name, expiration date and security code);
- Information about the guest’s stay, including date of arrival and departure, special requests, comments about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or other services used);
- Information that you provide regarding your marketing preferences or as part of your participation in surveys, contests or promotions;
You can always decide for yourself which personal data (if applicable) you want to share with us. If you choose not to provide certain information, it may affect your transactions with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: we use your personal data to complete and process your online reservation.
- B. Customer service: we use your personal data to provide customer service.
- C. Guest reviews: we may use your contact details to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers choose the accommodation that best suits them. If you submit a guest review, it can be posted on our website.
- Marketing purposes: where permitted by law, we also use your data for marketing purposes. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, such as newsletters and marketing communications about new products and services or other offers that we think may be of interest to you, you will also find an unsubscribe link if you no longer wish to receive these messages.
- E. Other communications: We may contact you by email, post, phone or text message, depending on the contact details you share with us. This can be for several reasons:
- a. We may need to answer and handle requests you have submitted.
b. If you have not yet completed an online reservation, we can send you a reminder to continue booking. We believe this additional service is useful to you as it allows you to continue with a reservation without having to search for the property again or re-enter all reservation details.
c. When you use our services, we may send you a survey or invite you to leave a review about your experience with our website. We believe this additional service will be useful to you and us as we can further improve our website through your feedback.
- a. We may need to answer and handle requests you have submitted.
- F. Analyzes, improvements and research. We use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may use a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research to third parties and our affiliates, in anonymous, aggregated form. We also use your personal data for analytical purposes and to improve our services, the user experience and the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- G. Security, Fraud Detection and Prevention: We use information that may contain Personal Information to prevent fraud and other illegal or unlawful activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may also use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including authenticating users. For such purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties such as law enforcement agencies and external advisers.
- H. Laws and Regulations: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for investigative and regulatory compliance purposes, or to negotiate agreements. enforcement or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement agencies as required by law.
- If we use automated means to process personal data that will have legal effect or significant effect on you, we will implement appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms, including the right to human intervention.
- Given the purpose of A and B, we base ourselves on the performance of a contract. The use of your data may be necessary for the performance of your contract with us. For example, if you use our services to book online, we will use your information to perform our contractual obligation to complete and manage your reservation with us.
- Given CH’s goals, we rely on legitimate interests: we use your data for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the most appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and our website content, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes. When using personal data for our legitimate interests, we always strive to strike a balance of your rights and interests with a view to protecting your data against our rights and interests.
- Given H’s purpose, we also rely, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable law.
- Where necessary under applicable law, we will ask for your consent before processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
We will ask for your consent where necessary in accordance with applicable law. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at one of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
If you would like to object to processing under C-F, but no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly (e.g. in your account settings), please contact us at email@example.com .
- Booking.com: work together with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereafter Booking.com) to offer you our online reservation services. Although we provide the content of this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Booking.com. The information you enter on this website is therefore also shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. This may include personal data, such as your name, contact details, payment details, names of your travel companions and any preferences you have indicated when booking.
Go to About Booking.com you want to know more about the Booking.com business family.
Booking.com will send you a confirmation email, an email before your arrival and provide you with information about the area and the accommodation Booking.com also offers 24/7 assistance: the international customer service in the local offices speaks more than 20 languages. If you share your information with Booking.com’s global customer service, they can respond when you need them. Booking.com may use your data for technical, analytical and marketing purposes, as further explained in the Privacy statement of Booking.com. This also means that your data may be shared for analysis with other members of the Booking Holdings Inc. groups of companies for analysis so that they can provide you with travel-related offers that may be of interest to you and for tailored services. If necessary under applicable law, Booking.com will first ask for your permission. If your information is shared with a country outside the European Economic Area, Booking.com will enter into contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal information is still protected according to European standards. If you have any questions about how Booking.com processes personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BookingSuite: personal data can be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands, the company that operates this website en suite.booking.com.
- Third party services: use service providers to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This has certain purposes as described in this Privacy Statement, including to facilitate payment for bookings, send marketing materials or provide analytical support services. These service providers have a duty of confidentiality and it is not permitted to use your personal data for other purposes.
- Competent authorities: pass on personal data to law enforcement authorities and other government agencies to the extent required by law or strictly necessary for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offenses and fraud.
International data transfers
The transfers of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. When required by European law, we will only transfer personal data to recipients who provide an adequate level of data protection. In such situations, we enter into contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected according to European standards. You can ask us to view a copy of these clauses using the contact details below.
BookingSuite follows reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of data, including personal data. We use appropriate company systems and procedures to protect information, including personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions to access and use the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel have access to personal data during their work.
Retention of data
We will retain your information, including personal data, for as long as we deem it necessary to provide you services, comply with applicable law, resolve disputes with parties and otherwise as necessary to enable us to conduct our business, including detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities. All retained personal data is subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data that we process about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
Your options and rights
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- you can inform us of changes to your personal data, or ask us to correct the personal data we have about you;
- in certain cases, you can ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to the way we use your personal data; and
- in certain cases, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have provided to us to a third party.
When we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, subject to applicable law. In addition, where we process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, correct and up to date. Please notify us immediately of any changes or inaccuracies to your personal data by contacting email@example.com . We will handle your request in accordance with applicable law.
Questions or complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority or the Data Protection Authority with questions and complaints.
Changes to the Notice
Just as our business is constantly changing, this Privacy Statement will also change from time to time. If you would like to be informed of changes to this Privacy Statement, we recommend that you visit this page regularly. If we make any material changes or changes that affect you (for example, when we start processing your personal data for purposes other than those set out above), we will contact you before we start that processing.